Further Improvement Work For Local Showgrounds
Post date: Jul 1, 2020 4:55:27 AM
Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders announced $387,000 in further improvement works to local showgrounds as part of a NSW Government COVID-19 stimulus package.
Mr Saunders said Dubbo and Mudgee showgrounds have been approved for upgrade work to improve the safety, use and condition of their infrastructure and support jobs in the local economy.
“Our showgrounds play an important role at the heart of our communities so I welcome this further investment by the NSW Government,” Mr Saunders said.
“This latest work follows the announcement last month of $167,326 in improvement works to Trangie, Mudgee and Gulgong showgrounds.
“These upgrades will improve the safety, use and condition of showground infrastructure for future generations while supporting tradies and material suppliers.”
The latest upgrades will include:
● $70,000 for Mudgee Showground for construction of a car park and pathway.
Minister for Water, Property and Housing, Melinda Pavey, said the local showgrounds are among 153 across the state getting stimulus funding this financial year.
“The showground stimulus program is generating economic activity in local economies impacted by COVID-19 while supporting the long-term sustainability of showgrounds right across NSW,” Minister Pavey said.
“Showgrounds are community hubs and multi-use facilities and these projects will improve safety and enhance community enjoyment by providing upgraded facilities to support a range of uses.”